Google
 
Web Sencillez

5.25.2006 11:18 AM

Soul Patrol Rules American Idol

Congratulations to Taylor Hicks, winner of American Idol Season 5. Here's the lyrics of Do I Make You Proud, the song that gave him the advantage over Katharine McPhee in what was said to be a 'tied' competition.



Do I Make You Proud
Taylor Hicks
American Idol Season 5


I've never been
The one to raise my hand
That was not me
and now that's who I am
Because of you
I am standing tall

My heart is full
of endless gratitude
You were the one
The one to guide me through
Now I can see
And I believe
It's only just beginning

This is what we dream about
But the only question with me now
Is do I make you proud
Stronger than I've ever been now
Never been afraid of standing out
Do I make you proud

Everybody needs to rise up
Everybody needs to be loved
To be loved



In parallel to Taylor's debut single, here's the lyrics of Katharine's My Destiny...


My Destiny
Katharine McPhee
American Idol Season 5


I have always dreamed of this
I'll admit that there was something I missed
I'm wondering if it is for real
Every mistake
Every wrong turn
Every time I lost my way
Lead me to this
Moment of bliss tonight

With you
Finally I can break free
With you
It's all changing in my destiny
Dream come true
It's all funny now that I see
How different life turned out to be

You were always by my side
That you believed in me
Was enough reason why
I didn't stop
Didn't give up
Even if I sometimes lost hope
I did my best
And I am blessed in life

Can I get any higher
Tell me
Does it get any stronger
I owe it to you
that I made it through
I never could have done it
Without you


I couldn't agree more with the judges when they said that Kat's song wasn't that good. I mean, Katharine is great but while she was performing I thought that it would have been better if Elliott was the one who's singing that song. Not that I'm being bitter or anything (okay okay I am bitter hahaha), but I just thought that the song's message perfectly fits Elliott's story. Aside from that, the key was too low for Kat's voice. Well anyway, I know Elliott will still make it big, the same goes for all the other idols like Chris, Kellie and of course, Kat :).

*photo from www.americanidol.com

5 Random thoughts...

Blogger markku said...

Woohoo, panalo ang idol ko! :) Magkasing-galing kasi kami eh... hehehe.

25/5/06 15:36  
Blogger Anne Kristine said...

lol cge na nga

26/5/06 10:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a bit disappointed when I heard Taylor won, but his song was defintely much better than Kat's kudos to Taylor Hicks!

Puck n' Pickler was sooooo cute! Kellie is still my idol!

26/5/06 11:20  
Blogger Anne Kristine said...

yeah kellie chris and elliott rule

26/5/06 17:24  
Blogger Wraithstrider said...

ung mama, khawig ni Jomari Yllana...
Cguro, pg tumanda c Jomari, gnito itsura...

6/6/06 10:57  

Post a Comment

Home