Google
 
Web Sencillez

2.20.2007 6:55 PM

Cab Talk

I happened to ride a cab the other week and like what I usually do, I sat on the passenger's seat. After a few minutes the driver blurted, "why did you choose to sit there and not at the back? If I were a robber, you would have suffered a helpless fate." It made me think, "Well," I said, "I remember a friend's story about a robber who hid under the back seat and stole her mobile phone... that was really creepy. That is aside from the fact that I do not like giving the driver the feeling that he is my slave." The driver said that my friend's story is hard to believe and that it is more dangerous to sit in front. He added that I should ride yellow, green or red colored cabs (his taxi is a white corolla). He said that company cabs are more secure than those that are individually owned (white colored). Now I know why they are color-coded (pardon my ignorance)! He further said that R&E is an established taxi company and that a lot of call center agents in Makati ride their cabs. Well I guess this information is worth sharing especially to those who work on late night shifts :) Be vigilant... choose the right cab :P

2 Random thoughts...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have been riding cabs almost everyday and so far i havent been in any danger or encountered any robber. Maybe you just have to be a keen observer. If you have any doubts about the driver's attitude, just get off the cab right then and there. It doesnt matter whether it is a company cab or not, its about you being alert everytime.

22/2/07 10:31  
Blogger RennyBA said...

Long time no see - sorry!
I sometimes do the same in Norway and the reaction from the driver is the same.
Wishing you a wonderful end to your week:-)

25/2/07 08:48  

Post a Comment

Home