Google
 
Web Sencillez

6.21.2005 5:31 PM

Bohemian Chic and Jessie Han Pinays

from bohemiancloset.com
from bohemiancloset.comAs we wandered the roads of Tsim Sha Shui, me and my sister realized that we wouldn't be finding any cool pants even if made our feet sore from walking. Stores bargained flamboyant skirts instead. No, not those microminis.. I'm talking about 'below the knee-length' skirts accentuated by lacy designs; to match those skirts were gypsy-inspired blouses and layered tops. Even though the elaborate fashion statement wasn't much of a fad here in the Philippines during that time, my sisters managed to buy some of those bohos. A few days later, I happen to read Cosmo's May-June Wearit issue, they featured the same trend in the said insert. "Bohemian Fashion" that's what it's called.

Now it's starting to conquer the Philippine fashion arena (even gracing SM Makati's theme). Actually, the very first person that came into my mind when I saw this ensemble was jen. I think I saw her in this attire on jep's birthday.. (trendsetter? hahah). True enough, she already bought a bohemian skirt and even told me that there are inexpensive finds in tutuban. Well, I'm not really a skirty person but if you gals are on the look out, better stick to her suggestion. After all, bohemian is never a deviant.

Last last friday me and my batchmates had our 'get together tradition.' While the boys waited outside me and my gal pals had our regular chikas in the washroom.

Jen:(to jowan) ang gorgeous ng lola ko..

Jowan: sabi ng officemate ko 'bakit parang paling ung pony tail mo?' sabi ko naman.. 'gaga style yan'

me: hahah cute nga eh, you look like Jessie Han...


Who is Jessie Han? She is the character played by Song Hye Kyo in GMA's Full House (a cutie koreanovela). Her fashion sense is slowly influencing Pinays' choice of get-up. When I say Jessie's style, I mean heels, colorful layered tops, short girly dresses, one-sided pony tail, and her bolero trademark (like the one in the pic). Quite surprising, I guess Filipinas are really way over Mari Mar when San Cai came into scene; and this is not only visible in their choice of telenovelas, but also in the way they dress up. Yup, they are now open to, not only Western but Eastern fashion as well.

Enjoy these vogue trends... but don't forget to don your best accessory -- SMILE.

2 Random thoughts...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you'd be lovely wearing those boho skirts. :)

06/24/2005 4:50pm

20/7/05 17:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

o da bah ang junga nung girlaloo...

06/28/2005 5:19pm

20/7/05 17:46  

Post a Comment

Home